Pages

Tuesday 11 August 2009

AuguSSSZZZt

I had a weekend on my own this weekend as the rest of the family went camping in Devon. Besides making the August challenge for BQL from start to finish, I indulged in lots of lovely outings of little interest to my sons ( and dog!).

I went to Wisley, then to visit the lovely Nikki at The Patchwork Cabin in Great Bookham and ending in a visit to Polesden Lacey.

On Sunday I cycled to breakfast at Petersham Nurseries, then had a very leisurely visit to Ham House. This is a beautiful Stuart mansion that you could really imagine living in.

Lots of inspiring photos of avenues of clipped trees and hedges, just letting them turn over in my mind to become quilt designs.

The weekend ended with signing up for this new online quilting magazine Quiltposium, looks interesting and something to look forward to in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.