Pages

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Seasonal stitching - cold and frosty

This is an A4 journal quilt inspired by frozen beaches in Scotland in the winter of late 2008. Made for our quilt group challenge, where we are making a journal for each of the 4 seasons. I Based this on the BQL challenge for January last year.

This is so far removed from my preferred colours that it was definitely a challenge.

Layered, random oval shapes were stitched to sand coloured squares and then pieced together. Hand and machine quilted with a hand made cord of floss thread from Empress Mills. I left the wadding showing at the side.

Inspiration photos are in the next post as I still can't work out how to load photos properly on here. Any help would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.