Pages

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Flu, flu, my world is …………….blue

Finally recovering from the flu, and I had enough energy to put together some quilted / embroidered squares, that I had been working on over Christmas , into my first piece for the BQL challenge 2011.  There is a bit of a trapunto effect in this after machine quilting, as the middle panel has two layers of wadding.  This is 18 x 12 inches and will go into a swap where participants can review the photos and state which are their favourite 5 to swap with.

 BQL challenge and meringue 009

BQL challenge and meringue 003

 As there are currently 100 participants, I think I will be able to avoid any trauma of being the only one not picked for a swap( unlike being picked last for all teams at school PE lessons, but that’s a psychological scar to be explored on a different occasion……..)

As the swap doesn’t take place until the end of Feb, this will brighten my walls for 2 months.

1 comment:

  1. oh Avril, that's lovely: I know what's going on my list!

    Benta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.