Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Images from the dye bath

A rare sunny afternoon, and I took the opportunity to do some shibori over-dyeing of previously dyed pieces. Swirling the dye bath out after wrapping the cloth in cling film gave these great images.
I'm trying out a watermarking software ( Star Watermark) and I haven't got to grips with how to use it fully so don't try to read the very, very,very small watermark.

Reflections
P1080522

Reflections

P1080523

Wave forms
P1080524

Face in the cloud
P1080525

We are not alone
P1080526

Don't burst my bubble
P1080527

Volcano
P1080528



3 comments:

  1. These are great images. I don't quite get how you did it. Could you explain a bit more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. My dye bath is a pale blue cat litter tray. I left some spent dye solution in the tray, just enough to cover the bottom, and then swirled it around to get these images. This is really a job for a more sophisticated camera I think, as my little camera struggled to focus due to the transparency of he liquid.

      Delete
  2. Great results! Lovely to see you yesterday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.