Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

Back to quilting's roots

I am drawn ( literally ) to quilting's roots at the moment and have a bit of an obsession going on with freeform feathers.  When I started quilting, these seemed completely unattainable to me.  With the generous on-line help from skilled quilters, particularly Diane Gaudyinski, Sharon Schamber, Leah Day and Patsy Thompson, I've progressed through drawing….

P1010568 

although those right hand plumes look a bit more like segments of a satsuma now, this could be a new trend.

To stitched 6 x 4 samples

P1010559

P1010560

P1010561

P1010566P1010567

These samples were stitched on 80 / 20 wadding, with Bottomline thread in both top and bobbin, and with a 70 needle.  Once I'd got the tension sorted out ( using that finger thing on the Bernina bobbin case that I didn't know why it was there) this was lovely to stitch with.

The white rings were from playing with the dye-discharge method using Milton, then re-inserting colour in to some of them using Artbars

3 comments:

  1. Satsuma segments, lol! You're doing good work on those feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just the feathers that are great, but what you are doing around them too - very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's fab, im still stuck on in-the-ditch or echo quitting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.