Pages

Saturday 6 July 2013

Beside the seaside, beside the sea…….

I was on a training course this week in Goring by Sea.  Coincidentally the premises where the training was held, Courtlands, contains pieces of architectural salvage from a house that was once in Twickenham, Mount Lebanon House.  As it is only a few miles form Littlehampton, it was an opportunity to visit The Longest Bench and The East Beach Cafe, designed by Heatherwick Studio.

My photographs were taken on a drizzly, grey early evening, so they are not as joyous as those on the links.

P1010573

P1010583

P1010576

I really like the way that the bench incorporates commemorative slats in to the overall design, a different take on the more customary memorial bench.

P1010577

P1010578

P1010580

2 comments:

  1. How funny I teach at a college based in Goering a couple of days a week. Think I will have to pop in to Littlehampton one lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're becoming a bit of a globe trotter! fancy a borough council having some imagination and approving something unusual!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.