Pages

Thursday 5 December 2013

Christmas is coming...

…..so of course it is time to add a project to the already long list of things to do.
Seriously, my Christmas preparations are much simplified this year, due to several positive changes in family commitments.  I have long admired the work and teaching of Gina Ferrari, but live too far away to take advantage of her classes.  So, in an attempt to make a "non-taught version" of her Xmas wreaths, shown on her great blog,  I splashed out on some 100% wool felt from Creative Quilting, found a bit of yellow silk, got stitching furiously ( a full 200m reel of thread), found a suitable ring ( about 25cm in diameter) and this is the result.
P1020843
Thank you Gina from a distance.

3 comments:

  1. Very festive! I'm amazed you managed to shoe horn something that involved in to your schedule!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.