Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

Graduated dyeing and vintage sewing machine

The sun was out this morning, but disappeared this afternoon, so I stayed in and attempted to expand the selection of blues in my stash - the dyes came out.

R1033837

I'm trying a combination of methods here - low-water immersion and microwave dyeing to get six different shades and to see what the different results are with each method.

R1033839

R1033841

Results later.

A very elderly  ( 101) resident in our road died recently, and her family are clearing her house.  She had this Frister and Rossman machine, which I think dates from the early sixties.  It looks in very good condition, but had no plug , so  could not test if it is working. I'll offer this to our quilt group and then on Freecycle if no-one wants it.

R1033842

 

3 comments:

  1. I think that it's late 60's, Avril - its the model that we had a home. I think that mine went via Benta - they are heavy beasts but usually very reliable. Looking forward to seeing the results of your dye play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dying looks fun! Hope you find a home for the machine, I think they go quite quickly on freecycle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The machine looks so wonderfully streamlined, as though it could take off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.