Pages

Saturday 2 January 2010

2009 - project that can be shown now




This major project took a lot of my time in 2009, but I couldn't show it as it was a Christmas present for my brother and sister-in-law. This is called "Birds and Words" for obvious reasons, and fabrics and design were chosen to match their interests and occupations. The pattern is based on a design from the book " Material Obsession" . The realistic bark fabric is from Joel Dewberry and the words fabric is from Michael Miller, strangely enough called " Oh Dick" - I think someone in the marketing department was not doing a full web search on this phrase when they named this fabric.


There is a lot of hand applique on this, and oddly enough for me, I enjoyed this. As ever, the quilt grew in the making and involved a new technique for me, curved borders, done using the stacking method.


Free machine quilted with squiggles, words and leaves, shown in the detail photo.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.