Pages

Sunday 22 May 2011

Blogging break, (photo heavy post)

Life seems to have been rather hectic, but not filled with many textile- heavy items, except of course my younger son becoming a teenager.  What with party preparations

 Birthday and morley 013 Cake  crop Birthday and morley 015

and the sophisticated palate of a London-born 13 yr old – homemade sushi and sausage anyone?

 Birthday and morley 009 Birthday and morley 010 Birthday and morley 012

there hasn’t been a lot of time for these latest printing efforts at Morley

Birthday and morley 006 Birthday and morley 004 Birthday and morley 005

or these stitched samples for the contemporary Quilt annual challenge

 CQ and bird 001 CQ and bird 002

or yet another Jacqui Harvey back-stitched bird

CQ and bird 003

but there was time to enjoy an evening of chicken stuffing at Plum’s and to be overcome by opening the stitched picture commissioned from Stephanie Littlechild.

Based on this photo of my sons,

Ayr Easter 121

Steph stitched this 9 x 7 inch picture

Steph Littlechild image_0002

As she incorporated pieces and shreds of my own fabric from significant textile items that were precious to my sons when they were younger,  it invokes so many memories, I could look at it for hours.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you back in blog land :-) gob smacked by the stitched picture, it's absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Sausage and sushi? And a rather nice cake, I'm guessing by the box? Hmm...well, whatever the boy wants, I guess!
    I still love the picture, and the printing, if either of them would like a new home, please bear me in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The printing efforts reminded me of Acantharians. See http://www.superstock.co.uk/stock-photos-images/1566-399499 to see what I mean. There's a rich seam of inspiration to be mined amongst oceanic plankton :)

    The Brither x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.