Pages

Saturday 15 December 2012

Picture perfect

An end of year baby for friends gave a reason to go back to the sewing machine and stitch up a quick picture.  As this is their second child, I worked on the theme , " And then there were four".
P1000412 Based on the owl pattern from Moonstitches, the owls are felt, with scraps of tweed and cotton, stitched and quilted on to a piece of my tray -dyed cloth.   The moon is foiled, but it doesn't  show up too well here,  The branch is a piece of great fabric by Joel Dewberry called Woodgrain, sadly, no longer available.  Mounted on an 8 x 8 inch block frame.

4 comments:

  1. What great little owls!

    I haven't made any Christmas presents.

    I have a week! Time to get a wriggle on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Interesting to see the owl used in a different context - I'm tempted to add one to my (long) list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.