Pages

Thursday 4 April 2013

Rust dyeing experiment

I really enjoy beachcombing on an unfamiliar beach.  Some great bits of rusty metal from last weekend's bracing walks in Norfolk ( my family do think I'm mad) have been set up for an experimental rust dyeing session.  Water and vinegar on calico and I'll report on what happens.

Rust dyeing

Not much sewing this week, and not much speech either as I've lost my voice, but this postcard went in the post as part of an online birthday swap.

P1000769

1 comment:

  1. Will be v interested in your rust experiment. I collected lots of rusty items on the Twickenham foreshore to do this - but after six months decided that I wasn't going to do this, and took them all back to the river! Perhaps your results will re-inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.