Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

One million, nine hundred thousand machine stitches.....

….. in 28 months.  I know this fact due to having my sewing machine serviced by the charming Brett at Sewworks last week.  Much of that total is due to the denser machine quilting that I now find myself increasingly drawn to.  Some examples from the weekend, in more signs for our quilt show ( 23 - 25 October, Landmark Centre, Teddington).

R1035085

Quilting patterns are wonky Greek key and big toe, as described by my family.

R1035086

R1035089

R1035087

R1035088

If I got down to 1,900,000 pencil lines my drawing would improve at the same rate as my stitching.

2 comments:

  1. They are looking fab, but thanks to family the "big toe" quilt design will never be taken seriously again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stitching - you are being very prolific with these little sign quilts!
    That's quite a lot of stitches, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I love to read them, but can't always respond.